Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crazy Newfoundland Moments

   Hey everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted, but things have been a little crazy here. Over the past week, we've had two different mission teams come to St. John's to work with New Life and it's been a blast so far! Please keep these two teams (from Texas and Florida) in your prayers as they serve the Lord along side us for the next week. :) It's really hard looking at how fast the time has gone by here, especially since I only have 2 1/2 weeks left until I go back home, but God is really showing me how the work we are doing here in Newfoundland could be done at home as well if I would only be bold and have faith in Him to love on non-believers in Texas. 
   It's been a really interesting and challenging journey so far, especially with this trip being the furthest and longest I've ever been away from home, but God has really blessed me with a love for my team and the people of Newfoundland, so I've been able to focus more on my time here than being homesick, which is honestly how I thought this trip was going to go. God has really taught me and stretched me about the "little" sins in my life that I overlook everyday and that God hates seeing. Please continue to pray for me, and that I will be convicted of the sin in my life, repent, and grow closer to Him. 
   So, some of you are aware of this, but I've been sick for the past 4 days and Monday night I went to the ER to check on my stomach problems. The doctor found an infection and I'm on antibiotics, but my stomach is still not settling, so please pray for me, and for my team who have all been so supportive and helpful during all of this stress that has been messing up our schedules and giving them much less sleep than they need. 
   As always, please keep Michael, Chelsea, Jourdan, Brad, and Charlie (the summer missionaries) as well as the pastors, Adam & Steve, in your prayers. 


God Bless!


Cassie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment