Thursday, July 1, 2010

Urgency

   Hey everyone! (Texans and others lol) I'm not sure how much of the blog you have read so far, but in summary, Newfoundland is an amazing place. The land is beautiful, and you can see God's creative passion in every part of this city. Unfortunately, the people here are very, very lost. Our group is living on a dorm floor of a local university and we have met so many wonderful and friendly people who do not know that they are walking around dead. For lack of a more serious and better term, we are surrounded by spiritual "zombies", people who believe themselves to be alive in that they are moving and talking, but have no hope in a future because Christ is not alive in them. After listening to some of my new friends from Newfoundland (who are not saved) talk about their lives and their lifestyles, it makes me wonder why I didn't have a better sense of urgency when I had opportunities to witness to the people God placed in my life. I walked around so consumed by whether or not I was growing in my faith and staying focused on my walk with my Savior that I was blinded to the ones who don't even have the chance to grow because they don't have the cure to their disease of sin. 
   Please walk around today with a sense of urgency in Christ's Great Commission... talk to the person standing beside you line at Wendy's. Ask them how they are doing...and really listen. Show them Christ. 




Cassie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment