Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Creation

   So, it feels like it has been awhile since I have posted, and I would love to update everyone on the work God is doing in not just my life, but those around me. One thing God has been teaching me lately is that I am in a state of ongoing change, which was very hard for my little heart to take because I am someone who despises change. However, I was reminded by God tonight of 2nd Corinthians 5:17 which says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!" This verse, by definition is describing the biggest change a life can go through, and that is coming out of the death that is sin, into the light of Christ- by becoming a new creation. This goes along with the fact that I am constantly changing. God does a new work in me every single day, whether I want to or not, and sometimes in my most rebellious moments, God's glory is shown all the much more. Just because I am a new creation does not mean I am perfect, or finished, therefore God is always molding me and changing me into something new everyday. 
   Tonight was amazing, because we had a bible study and two people we had met in the dorms came with us. I'm a little ashamed to say I had not actually shared the gospel with anyone at this point on the trip, so I was getting very discouraged with myself, thinking it had to be me that was the problem, because God had brought me here because He wanted me here, so I had to be doing something wrong for me not to have witnessed to anyone literally yet. However, one of the guys that came tonight was a 16 year old boy we had met in passing since our first week of arriving in Newfoundland, and while Chelsea (who is an incredible blessing to me this summer) was sharing the gospel with him, I was able to jump in too and share Christ's love with this young man. I feel so incredibly alive right now, because this is the first time I have ever shared the gospel with someone I barely knew, and the Holy Spirit just guided Chelsea and me every step of the way. If you're reading this now, please be in prayer for this young man's salvation and open heart to the Lord. 
   I have had such an amazing time on this mission trip so far, and it's nearly half way over which makes me ache, but I know God has plans for different seasons and times in our lives, and this is a wonderful (albeit short :P) time in my life. Praise God for my new life in Christ! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment